March 19th, 2010 / 7 Comments
A new feature we are releasing in beta is the ability to add additional information to your Inbox actions sent via email. The basics will stay the same. The subject is where you will enter your action description, along with the new parse functions. And the body of the email will continue to be added as a note.
Let’s get into into the new parse functions. Just add the following to your subject and they will be applied to the new action.
- @context – will apply the appropriate context to the action, or create a new one if not available
- -p:ProjectName or -p: “Project Name” – will apply the appropriate project to the action, or create a new one if not available. Notice the ” option. Project’s with spaces will need to be wrapped in quotes.
- -w:ContactName or -w: “Contact Name” – applied similar to projects.
- -*:High – will apply the appropriate priority to the action. Options include High, Med or Medium, and Low.
- -d:duedate – will apply the appropriate due date to the action.Options include natural language such as today, or general dates such as 3/19/2010.
So go ahead and try it out and let us know what you think. And remember to send any support related requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.