Most of you have probably been anticipating this feature ever since we moved the drag & drop handle from the right side of actions to the left. Well without further ado, we are pleased to announce the ability to move actions from your lists directly into other lists using our integrated drag & drop functionality.
All that is required is you be in “Manual” sort mode so that the drag & drop handle appears. Then you just drag an action, hover over the desired list, and that action will be placed into the new list. That’s all it takes.
Let us know what you think of this new feature in the comments. As always, please direct any support requests through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by Matt
I am pleased to announce some long awaited features that have just released for Vitalist.
Add bar options
The focus of the add bar at the top of your lists has always been to quickly add actions, projects, etc. You will be able to continue to use the add bar like normal, but you now have the ability to add some more detailed information with the use of a “more” option. You will notice a new arrow button next to the current “Add” button. This will allow you to toggle the new additional options available.
Convert an action to a project
Many times you have actions in your lists that need to be converted to projects. Well you now have that capability using the “Move action” dropdown available when editing an action. At the bottom of the list you will see the option [Convert to Project]. Simply save your action and it will be removed from your current view and added to your Projects list. Also, any project set on that action will become the parent of the new project. The due date and any notes will also be transferred.
Let us know what you think of these new features in the comments. As always, please direct any support requests through email@example.com.
Posted by Matt
A new feature we are releasing in beta is the ability to add additional information to your Inbox actions sent via email. The basics will stay the same. The subject is where you will enter your action description, along with the new parse functions. And the body of the email will continue to be added as a note.
Let’s get into into the new parse functions. Just add the following to your subject and they will be applied to the new action.
- @context – will apply the appropriate context to the action, or create a new one if not available
- -p:ProjectName or -p: “Project Name” – will apply the appropriate project to the action, or create a new one if not available. Notice the ” option. Project’s with spaces will need to be wrapped in quotes.
- -w:ContactName or -w: “Contact Name” – applied similar to projects.
- -*:High – will apply the appropriate priority to the action. Options include High, Med or Medium, and Low.
- -d:duedate – will apply the appropriate due date to the action.Options include natural language such as today, or general dates such as 3/19/2010.
So go ahead and try it out and let us know what you think. And remember to send any support related requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by Matt
Hopefully everyone is enjoying the latest Vitalist update. Some features are coming out of beta, some are brand new, and some are just a few small tweaks here and there to better the user experience. Here is a quick rundown of the major updates included in the latest release:
- Speed – We are always working to improve the responsiveness when interacting with Vitalist.
- Advanced sorting – Previously, actions were mainly sorted manually by dragging and dropping actions into the desired location. Now you will have the option to keep the manual sort, or use a persistent sort by either due date, priority, or estimated time. You will see the new advanced ‘Sort’ option in the top right corner of your lists, next to the ‘Print’ option. (*Note: the “drag handle” has now moved from the right to the left side)
- Estimated time – You can now entered an “estimated time” option for actions. You will be able to filter, group by, and search on this new field. Currently the time values are limited to a defined list, but we are working on allowing custom entry similar to how the due date works.
- Offline access – Offline is now available to all paid subscribers, both Premium and Basic. You will be required to install Google Gears in order for this feature to work.
- Daily digest enhancement – Multiple daily digests are now supported, with the option to include all notes, only the latest notes, or no notes at all.
- Keyboard shortcuts – When viewing your list, use ctrl + a to select/deselect all the currently visible items. When editing an item, use ctrl + j to toggle between the available edit tabs.
- Mobile update – The next actions filter is now available on the mobile version, making processing actions much more efficient on the go.
Posted by Matt