Twitter is a pretty cool short message communications service that has become very popular lately. It works really well across instant messaging services and mobile SMS gateways. We would like to announce that we have just finished an interface that allows you to send actions directly to your Vitalist inbox through Twitter.
To get set up:
Sign-up at vitalist-tools/twitter.
- You can now access the Twitter->Vitalist setup page directly from your Vitalist Settings/Services. Click ‘API on’ then Save. You should then see an ‘Add Twitter->Vitalist’ link.
- Enter you Twitter user name and Vitalist API key (found in Settings->Services) to link the accounts.
- Log into Twitter to search for the user: vitalist. Once you have found it, set your account to “follow” vitalist.
At this point, you should be ready to start sending tweets as actions to your Vitalist inbox. Send them as direct messages in the form:
‘d vitalist action’ (Example: d vitalist Pick up dry cleaning)
Your action should then appear in your Vitalist inbox in the next few minutes. If you run into any problems, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by Robert
We here at Vitalist hope everyone had a happy holiday season and would like to wish everyone a prosperous and productive new year. We thought that as everyone starts to settle down now after holidays and breaks, it would be a great time to announce our newest update to Vitalist.
For the past couple of months we have been working on a new version of Vitalist that represents a major overhaul in both the front-end UI and back-end code. Since our last major release, many features have been added or changed that have made the interface and interaction with Vitalist more complex than we would like. So with this release we are concentrating on simplifying and streamlining the Vitalist user-interface.
Here are some of the improvements that will be included with the update:
- Improved UI
- Speed Enhancements
- Easier Batch Editing of Actions
- Edit screens will be consolidated into one (fully functional quick-edit)
- Improved Sharing – There will no longer be a ‘My Shares’ section, all shared items will be available from the main lists
- Saved Searches – The ability to create a specific search/view and save it for quick and easy access later
- SSL ability on iPhone version
We will be beta testing this update as we finish it’s development. If you would like to help us test the new version before we release it, please send us an email at email@example.com with the email you use for your Vitalist account. We are planning on starting the beta test on Monday of next week, and we will notify the testers when it is available.
Thanks and Have a Happy New Year!
Posted by Robert