I have to say, this has been by far the most requested feature from everyone using Vitalist. And we are happy to announce that you can now email your actions to your Vitalist Inbox! This should work pretty easily for everyone, but there are a few things you must update first. Here is a breakdown of how to setup your private email address:
- Go to Settings » Account
- Enter your Vitalist Username (alphanumeric characters only)
- Enter a 4-8 digit pin for security (this way not just anybody can email you items)
- That’s it. Your new private email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ok. So now what? Just send an email to ‘email@example.com’, and anything in your Subject will become the action, and anything in the Body will be added to the notes. It’s that simple. Hopefully everyone will enjoy this feature.
Previously: Vitalist Now Supports Google Gadgets
Posted by Matt
By popular demand, we are pleased to announce that Vitalist supports Google Gadgets that you can display on your Google Personalized Homepage. Now you can view any Vitalist list right along with your email, weather, and calendar.
To add a Vitalist gadget to your Google Personalized Homepage, just follow these quick and easy steps:
- Navigate to the desired Vitalist list, let’s say the Dashboard.
- Right-click the google link in the upper right hand corner and copy the url.
- Go to http://www.google.com/ig.
- Click Add stuff. This takes you to the content directory.
- Click Add by URL (next to the “Search Homepage Content” button).
- In the Add by URL text box, paste the URL copied in Step 2.
Hopefully everyone will enjoy this new feature. And as always, keep the suggestions coming. We love to hear from our users.
Posted by Matt
February 1st, 2007 / 4 Comments
Just a quick note to let you know that we have revamped our help system on Vitalist. It is now structured as a knowledge base with help questions divided into specific categories. This new system will be able to grow with us as we add new features to Vitalist.
Three new features should make the knowledge base more useful. First, you can use the built-in search box to find help topics quicker. Each individual help topic can also be rated for it’s usefulness, with the highest rated topics being displayed on the first page. Also, users can send support messages directly to us through the “Contact Support” link, with no need to use e-mail.
Posted by Robert